Saturday, January 15, 2011

Enjoy while you can...

Time, Kids and Family.

I noticed the kids are fast growing-up and catching-up with each other.

Noah is now coming to 7 months by 30th Jan 2011. Now he can sit by himself and once in a while I even catch him try to pull himself to stand. I'm still giving him breastmilk and introduced rice cereal when he turned 6months last year on the 30th Dec 2010. He's got one tooth which I felt since last month when he breast feed. He's an average breastfeeder - in a sense he doesn't really bite me but if I'm delay feeding him (let him cry for longer than it should - I'm talking about until he terbatuk-batuk) he will bite me before sucking furiously (marah la tu).
The siblings call him baby "botak" because he's the only one born with the least hair (but now his hair started growing already). So it won't be long when all of us miss his "botak" head. He weight 7.5kg and fluctuates around the weight this month (maybe because of the cough and flu).
He babbles a lot and he puts everything he caught with his hand into his mouth. He's a pretty serious baby - doesn't really laugh unless the gesture/action pass his funny test. Like the Paed said to me, everyone must love him because he's the youngest - it seems in the house he's got the most attention from everyone including the siblings. Even Titi and Momoi likes to go into the baby cot and play with him.

Theodore - the funny guy. I love his cheeky face. This little guy can look at you and can make you smile for no reason. He is now obssessed with following what Moira is doing - be it girlie thing or just anything. And this little mouse bites and he loves to bite Moira or Joshua if they refuse to share. And when this happens our whole house turn into a small running track with Titi chasing Momoi and Uaua around the house.
To make matters worst, whenever I tie a ribbon on Moira's hair, Titi also wants a ribbon on his hair. When Moira put on her pink school uniform, Titi also want to put on the pink school uniform. I wonder why he didn't choose his older brother Joshua as a role model instead of Moira.
He is now learning to talk simple words, some we understand but some we need some de-cryptography skill.

Moira - the "parrot" in the house, if she is not singing or talking then she'll be crying - the only time when Moira is quiet is when she is asleep. Last weekend she drew a few parrots with her signature "big eyes" drawing. At first her drawings doesn't have pupils, but Papa taught her to draw the pupils so that her parrot doesn't look like a blind parrot.
We send Momoi to the Chinese Playschool and as we anticipated she cried on the first day and she refuse to let me go. The second day - same thing happen but I manage to leave her in the class. The third day - she puked in the car and Titi also almost puked in the car as he wanted to follow Momoi to school. The fourth day - claws on Papa. The fifth day - No more crying (maybe she accepted the fact/fate).
Last Saturday, she followed Joshua to abacus. At first she was a bit sceptical about following Joshua but when the teacher showed her the book she shoo-ed me out of the class. I was quite surprised that she like the class and the teacher liked her too. The teacher said she can write numbers, recognise number and can concentrate (even better than some kindie kids). Well, we'll see again this weekend if she wanted to follow Joshua again.

Joshua - my "big" boy is in primary 2 this year. And he was just happy to be promoted to the best class this year. It means this year will be a challenging year for Uaua to compete against his already bright classmates. Well, we'll just do our best and guide him. Interestingly, he likes to learn and love to be in the class but doesn't like to read story or whatever books. I remember when I was his age I was a book worm- I read anything from magazine, story books, newspaper, labels, anything. I noticed children nowadays doesn't appreciate the essence of holding a book and reading from a book. They prefer reading from the internet which I believe a long jump from the fundamental.
I'm not sure how to go about this, but perhaps a more often visit to the library may help. I'm not sure. I'm just envious of parents' having kids who loves reading books - how do they do it?

Now back to the topic - enjoy while you can is what my husband says when I complaint of having not enough time for everything. So hubby said I should enjoy now while I can and don't complaint so much or worry so much or think so much. And so I started to enjoy what ever time I had with the kids, just do what I can do for everyone, fit everything in the limited time frame and at the end of the day have enough rest to face another tomorrow.

Seems tiring but the time is worth spent and I'm content - no regrets. Just like my mother used to say to me, "If you want to do something make sure you'll not regret later".

No comments: