Monday, October 22, 2007

UaUa's trip to Doulos

Uaua & myself finally made a trip to Doulos last Friday (19 Oct 07) afternoon after little convincing by Aunty J (that was 15 mins before I fetched Uaua). So instead of the usual trip from school to Dodu's house, I picked Uaua from school and told him we are going to meet a big ship like Toot (the ship in Honk, Toot & Swoosh-swoosh in Playhouse Disney channel)... and Aunty J on board. Naturally, Uaua got so excited and even asked me to drive faster so that Aunty J will not get tired waiting for us (how thoughtful...).
After a long & hot walk from the car park to the jetty armed with umbrella and my cooler bag, we made our way up the ship and that was when Uaua let out a high-pitched scream (like girly scream..) as he was terrified to climb the shaky steps. Fortunately, all fear is gone once we were on board and we had a fun time book-viewing with Aunty J & colleagues. Finally, I bought a few books- Dr James Dobson books for my self reading, few colouring books for Uaua, a book for Momoi (la kunun..) and a map.

Uaua and a book he grabbed for himself...

By 12.45pm after spending about 30-35 mins on the ship, I'm feeling a wee bit seasick and Uaua happy but hungry. We had a cup of deliciously cool strawberry juice and head for the exit.

"Mama when are we going home? I'm really-really hungry..."

We managed to take few photos with Aunty J & colleague before we head straight to Dodu's place for lunch (tummy grumbling...).

Aunty J, Uaua & Me


All and all, it was such short trip but worth a first-time experience for Uaua especially on a 93 years old ship.

One last shot - Me, Uaua, Aunty J & colleague-Yati (Alice took the photo...)
The End

Click on Aunty J blog for more photos on that day.

2 comments:

Aunty J said...

Ohhh...so totful of my cute little Joshua..hehe...love him much for being totful abt his Aunty J hehe :)

Oh yes, I remember his screams when he was going down the stairs...screaming "mama" after every steps hahaha...so cute!!

Mama UauaMomoi said...

Aunty J: Thanks for the photos... finally manage to upload photo today.

Ya... I think Uaua really-really adores you too...