Sunday, January 4, 2009

Theo is 1 week old!

Time flies so fast and it's been a week since baby Theo first introduction to the new environment (other than the darkness in the womb). Here is his photo at 1 week...


He still looked bit jaundiced but he is feeding well and now start to have regular bowel movement. Hope this will help clear the bilirubin. Actually, Theo has undecended testicle (both left & right) at birth but I got one of the local masseurs to correct the position and lucky she managed to get one testicle down. The other one still a bit higher but I can see that he is finally wetting more nappies now as compared to the first few days only3 nappies in a day (Perhaps it was due to his testicle being undecended).

Theo is also exclusively breastfeed and I was quite amused at 1 week old he totally refused to suck the expressed breastmilk from the bottle. I guess I have to train him to accept bottle earlier - otherwise I would have problem when I go to work or outstation later.

Life is good at the moment after 1 week with a new-born baby - long break, spending more time with the kids but I was a bit sad that the school holiday is going to be over soon and I didn't do much things with Uaua - I have lots of plans of things to do with him but somehow it didn't materialised. The only thing that I manage to get him to learn is swimming which starts 28 November 08. It was his first time in the pool and having sensitive nose he sneezes all the time - poor boy.

Momoi is also pretty grown up now - I spend most of the time with her during the 2 weeks nursery break. Comparing her with Theo now I can't believe she has grown this big - I still miss the baby Moira. She is so adorable with her smiles, big eyes and chubby cheeks. She can sing A-Z, say 1-10, sing few nursery rhymes (in her own language) and can understand simple instruction. She eats on her own (starts taking solid - rice & family meal when Theo arrives). I can see she can be independent and loves her baby brother. I guess the timing is just right - the only thing that I didn't manage to teach her yet is potty training. At night, she still try to escape from her brother's room to our room to sleep next to me.

While Dodu (MIL) was busy bathing Theo I manage to catch Moira doing her funny stuff again - she took the small bucket and put on top of her head. MIL & I can't help but laugh... hehe...


Finally thanks to MIL for helping with bathing Theo and cooking delicious meals for hubby and kids. All this time I never get bored with my confinement food until I saw my MIL cooking in the house - I almost forgot I am only allowed to take my food. Thanks to Mom & Dad too for sending me my delicious confinement soup (so eager to have them- my favorite lihing soup) and bath daily and even stayed with me in the hospital until I delivered. I know mom is not feeling very well but she still stayed on. I am so lucky to have such wonderful parents and in-laws.

Here's a photo of MIL with Theo at 1 week. This photo was taken by our talented Joshua.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hope i'm not too late to welcome little Theo :)

hie little Theo, you bring more sunshine and smiles to the world. wish you all the happiness in ur life.. *kisskiss* ~aunty azerq.

Hannie C said...

LOL.. Moira is so cute with the bucket hat.
Hey there Theo's mommy, hope you are having a great time!