Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Full Moon Celebration

24 January 2009 marks the end of my confinement and also Baby Theo Full Moon... yay! (The actual full moon celebration should be on 27 Jan 09 but I can't find shops that take orders during CNY).

We celebrated the day with family and friend at my parents' house. It was pre-CNY celebration too as most of the dishes my mom cooked was traditionally cooked during CNY by my Kung-Kung way back in the old times when she was young (that's what my mom told me). Anyway, the dishes was really delicious especially the Yam Pork (Kiew Nyuk). I was really a glutton on that day (talapas kandang...hehe) after a month of Chicken in Rice Wine (Lihing) soup.

For my moms' credits here are the list of dishes she prepared:
1. Yam Pork
2. Chicken with mushroom
3. Chu Kiok (Pork's leg in sweet vinegar)
4. Pork fried with bamboo shoot
5. Fried tang hoon (Fried glass noodle)
6. Macaroni Salad
7. Hinompuka (Sticky cake wrapped in banana leaf)

On top of that I also ordered 3 other dishes
1. Prawn Salad
2. Sweet and sour fish
3. Mix vege

and my sister also ordered
1. Fried mee hoon
2. Fried kuey teow

After the "makan session" my aunts open a gambling session (kua merah) which as long as I remember is a must family thing to do during CNY.

So the Full Moon celebration was more like CNY celebration or maybe an excuse to get together with family. While I'm having fun talking to cousins and helping myself to the delicious food, baby Theo was happily sleeping all through the day (perhaps he was lulled by the noisy surroundings).

Here's some photos on that day...




Happy 1/12 birthday Theodore, you are growing very fast. You will soon outgrow the small basin we first bathe you in. And next time we know you are a big boy already.

Huh, time flies really fast - I still have 1 month leave which is going to end soon.

3 comments:

Perry R. Lim said...

Congrats once again!

Miss Mathew said...

Happy 1 mnth old baby Theo!!! Nah..I ud c uncle Ensai & Aunt Beatrice ;)

Mama UauaMomoi said...

Thanks Perry!

Alaa Fil... lupa pula take photo on dat day buli post dlm blog kan. Nice seeing you after such a long time :-D